This is a weekly result returned from my keywords subscription.
What interest me is the term described for "senior" technical writer and developers. For senior technical writer, s/he has to be proficient with kubernetes. Wait, K8s is not even 10 years old. How could a kubernetes expert ends up writing documentation and choosing tech stack for a team...This is obviously a "ask for too much" in one ordinary role. Whoever wrote this JD, can't hide the such a terrible working condition.
The Jobster website is not well designed --- when you select the location, the phone number verification can not match with your local phone prefix.
Job 1. Technical writer
- Yearly renewable contract *
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm *
- Working location: Hybrid Arrangement (WFO/WFH), Office located nearby Pasir Panjang / Labrador Park MRT
- The Role: Yearly renewable contract
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm Working
- location: Hybrid Arrangement (WFO/WFH), Office located nearby Pasir Panjang / Labrador Park MRT
- We are looking for tech developer, user or enthusiast who can create high quality documentation and content to drive seamless adoption of SGTS with an immediate focus on products related to CI/CD (SHIP-HATS) Containers (Container Stack) and Observability (StackOps) Develop documentation including product guides, demos, tutorials, code starter kits, design specifications, technical blogs that meets organisational needs and standards. Digest and summarise complex technical concepts into different readable and understandable form for different target audiences in a reusable way.
- Support in building and driving content strategy across GCC and SGTS Lead pilots to evaluate content formats, types and medium to build content cadence recommendation for Product Managers Work as a team with members of different disciplines (designers, programmers, product managers, etc.) Be open to receiving feedback and agile in incorporating them.
- Lead and deliver content consistency and timely content refresh. Research and stay abreast with industry trends and bring in content best practices from leading tech players.
- Career growth opportunities include evolving as a: Tech advocate in the industry closely engaging with local and international developer communities Product Manager driving the end-to-end lifecycle of a gamut of products within SGTS
- Requirements: Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications, or other related disciplines.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Min 2-5 years of relevant experience (in IT industry).
- Candidates with more than 10 years of experience will be considered for senior position Experience or familiarity with Kubernetes and monitoring tools.
- Able to walk through different workflow to verify and streamline the process. Graphics or design, video creation experience will be valuable
|A harsh JD with only yearly contract|
It's interesting to see how others imagine and prescribe a senior role can do. From what I have worked with many coworkers, the expectation is an ideal projection of what they lacked in real office.
Singapore job market is always one of the most vibrant places in Asia. I have seen oil companies looking for technical writers, those are not regular IT industry.
I also found the acronym term EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installment) being commonly used in the Singaporean technical writer market, but it's not used in all major East Asia job markets. Even though Taiwan has offshore wind turbine projects, China and S. Korea has oil industry, Japan has undersea tunnel plans.
Maybe such a EPCI "technical writer" job in East Asia is not open to public market, but only open to participants with several years of experience. I've seen similar cases in jewelry industry. In other words, technical writers and documentation for these industries are not in high demand or the soft skill being used is not well aligned with those in software industry or other engineering fields.
Transferable domain knowledge is more critical to the soft skills in technical writing. That's defacto for any graduates who wish to start their career as a technical writer. This is why I hope the market can provide more transparency so newly grads can know if they fit for that. The world needs more helpers and young blood rather than doing nothing to see workforce shrinking.
Job 2. ECPI technical writer
Annual Salary 84000-96000 SGD
Peak Ocean Pte. Ltd.
5 -7 Years
- Posted On : 7 days ago
- Total Views : 39
- Total Applications : 3
- Job Id : 40464089
- Permanent Job
- Write, edit, and proofread company documents, including policies, standards, specifications, etc.
- Ensure all documents meet company approved writing standards and templates.
- Meet with key stakeholders to determine and discuss requirements for process documentation, reporting, and other templates.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure accuracy and completeness of content.
- Complete assigned tasks according to schedule, effectively balancing concern for quality with respect for deadlines.
- Assess audience needs for technical and procedural documentation and adjusts tone and technical terms to meet those needs and ensure understanding.
- Review content for errors and inconsistencies in spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar, word usage, formatting, and structure/organization.
- Gather, analyze, compose, and translates technical information into logical, readable, and understandable content.
- Create and maintain document templates and fillable forms.
- Demonstrate ability to produce high-quality work under pressure (e.g., with limited time or guidance).
- Additional responsibilities may be added to scope of work based on business need.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Tertiary Qualification in a related field highly desirable but not essential
- Experience in Oil and Gas and/or EPCI companies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Formal writing experience, including previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Documentum
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of producing error-free documents . .
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
|Peak Ocean Pte. Ltd|