This is a remote technical writer position in US. I found it through linkedin. The surprising requirement is that they need Mandarin.
I check the company and found it has official branch in Taiwan, but it was started in 2008 in mainland China. It brands itself as the expert of analog IC. The chips are used in charger and medical electronics.
This reminds me of Phison technical writer (interview 9) . I know they're different, but at least I got a glimpse of what it's like to work in a chip related industry. I just wonder how Silergy can work remotely while the semiconductor companies in Taiwan can not.
|Mandarin is required for this role (US, remote)|
JD for Silergy technical writer (remote)
About the job
Silergy is a fast-growing semiconductor manufacturer with multiple locations across US. We are looking for a motivated individual to help with creating and updating the documentation available to customers worldwide on the public website.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating high-quality technical documentation including datasheets, manuals or procedures for our leading edge semiconductors. You will work closely with other team members to understand the technical details of our products and services and translate them into clear and concise documentation. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with an exciting and fast growing company looking to have a major impact in the analog semiconductor space.
- Fluent in written and verbal English and Mandarin are essential.
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Communication, or related fields and 2+ years of technical writing experience.
- Skilled user of authoring and drawing software (MS Office, FrameMaker, PageMaker and Visio).
- Experienced in the field of reading and understanding electronic specifications (power, mixed signal and digital Integrated circuits) with an ability to easily explain technical concepts.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with proven capabilities in using a clear and concise writing style.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills giving you the ability to efficiently get all the necessary information in discussions with the engineering development teams.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure the highest level of accuracy in these documents on which our customers are heavily dependent.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical approach with an eye for detail and a thorough and methodical approach.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, undertake multiple projects, multitask and deliver to agreed deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong team-working skills
- Ensure and improve the consistency and quality of technical documentation published on the public company website
- Implement and promote the technical writing standards and technical documentation creation process throughout the organization
- Own documentation development from start to finish including creation, editing and ongoing maintenance for all documentation including datasheets, errata, application notes, hardware and software user manuals for existing and newly developed products.
- Write in a clear and concise manner ensuring the technical material can be easily understood.
- Edit, proofread, and index datasheets and application notes ensuring both accuracy and clarity for our customers.
- Contribute to the efficient development of user-friendly documentation by creating a technical writing environment including templates and documentation re-use.
- Help to define and maintain the technical documentation guidelines and standards.
- Meet colleagues from multiple disciplines to discuss technology and authoring requirements
- Take feedback from users and act accordingly
- Provide graphics support for marketing and newsletters